Saturday, April 4, 2015 - 10am
Accurately measured 6.55 Mile USATF Certified Course (CT07002JHP). Course is a double loop on the closed, paved red trail around the Farmington and West Hartford reservoirs. There are no turns, no cars and no intersections. Each loop features a rolling first mile, a climb during the second mile and a significant downhill to flat during the third mile. (Yes, there are hills, but this is New England so we call them rollers).
Race registration includes:
- Entry into the 2015 race
- Short sleeved custom designed t-shirt in both mens and womens sizes
- Chronotrack B-Tag timing chips (the chip is attached to the back of the race number bib).
- Race morning shuttle bus service from the UConn Health Center directly to the start line at the MDC Reservoir. Shuttles will run from 8 a.m. until 9:50 a.m. and will begin running again at 11 a.m. until approximately 12:30 p.m.
- On-course fluid and nutrition support provided by Skratch Labs
- Custom designed finishers medals from Ashworth Awards.
- The best post-race sugar and carb fest around (if you have a special treat youd like to see post-race, let us know).
- The satisfaction of knowing you helped a great organizations -- The Blazeman Foundation.
- Unique age group awards three deep for overall winners and in each of the following categories: Male and Female 13 and under, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+, Athena (women 165+ lbs) and Clydesdale (men 220+ lbs). You must be present to pick up your award -- we will not mail awards.
- Raffle for all participants -- sure to include lots of Nutella-based products (a favorite of the race director).
- Spring Egg Hunt for all children starting at 10:10am. Over 1000 eggs filled with candy and small prizes. We will have 2 "heats" for the egg hunt, 0-36 months and 36 months +
- During the course of the race we will take thousands of pictures of all the events. After the race, these photos will be posted here. Please feel free to copy and share these pictures with your friends and family.
- $100 Amazon.com Gift Certificate will be awarded to any person who sets a new open or masters course record.
RACE FIELD IS LIMITED TO 600 RUNNERS. THE RACE SOLD OUT IN 2011 - 2014 AND WILL OUT AGAIN IN 2015.
Event details and schedule
Early Packet Pick Up - April 3, 2015 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the MDC Reservoir Parking Lot
Race Day Packet Pick Up - April 4, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. at the race start/finish area
Race begins promptly at 10 a.m.
Until March 27th, 2015, you may directly transfer your registration to either the Solstice Sprint 5k or the 2016 Quarter Marathon. If you wish to transfer to the Hogsback Half Marathon, you will need to pay the difference in entry fee. Email Kelly Burns Gallagher to request a transfer.
After March 27th, 2015, no transfers will be allowed.
We will be travelling in mid-March so response times may be delayed. We will use the date on which you sent your email requesting transfer as the transfer request date.